Dialogue Center is an open, secular cultural institution acting beyond any political divisions, the primary purpose of which is to undertake educational, research and cultural activity including but not limited to:
1. popularizing the heritage of different cultures,
2. promoting multicultural and multiethnic legacy of Łódź, with the emphasis put on the Jewish culture,
3. propagating the idea of tolerance and counteracting any signs of racism, xenophobia and lack of respect for people of different outlooks on the world, different backgrounds and cultures,
4. undertaking educational activity in the scope of multiculturality for Polish and foreign communities,
5. undertaking training and educational activity for children, the youth and the grown-up as well as organizing international exchange,
6. running a library and an archive as well as building up various collections, especially those related to the Łódź Jewish community and the history of the Łódź Ghetto (Litzmannstadt Ghetto),
7. carrying out projects commemorating the Łódź Jewish community,
8. activities aiming at commemorating the Survivors and the Righteous and their families,
9. popularizing art works promoting the idea of multiculturality and multiethnicity,
10. obtaining non-budgetary funds from national and foreign sources and using them for the purposes of statutory tasks.
The Marek Edelman Dialogue Center is the public cultural institution and education center, created on the base of the multicultural and multiethnic past of Łódź, to discuss the history and its influence on today’s life, with the emphasis on the Jewish culture, history and Polish-Jewish relations. An institution open towards the future, attractive for the local, national and international audience.
The Marek Edelman Dialogue Center is an institution that preserves multicultural and historical heritage of Łódź through education, publishing, art projects and commemorative events, cooperating with many other institutions and organizations in Poland and abroad, recognized locally and internationally.